Sunday, October 10, 2010

10 for 10/10/10

"We Love Roll Call, Y'all!" (c) Mister Senor Love Daddy

Lately I have been diggin through my photos trying to develop ideas for a project I'm working on, and I decided to show some love to some of the people who have encouraged my photography over the years... and also tolerated me constantly snapping photos. This is my version of "We Love Roll Call" from "Do The Right Thing"... Thank you for the support!

This is my amazing sister! Michelle has always been there to support my creative side. One things she really supportive of over the past few years has been with my photos of my niece Brianna. I have probably taken over 1,000 photos of this little girl over the past few years. You can learn a lot about photography trying to photograph a little person who never likes to sit still... hahaha.



It sounds cliche to say that your mother supports your ideas, but that's just how it is. My mom has always encouraged my art. She was the one who would buy me sketch pads, pens and books. I am forever thankful for all of her encouragement!


My dad is a quiet guy (he also likes ducking out of photos... a lot), but always shows support when needed. He is the reason I have always liked fine art/photography. Growing up he always ran movie theatres, so the idea of capturing images always stuck with me. It started with my drawings grew into my photography, and for that I am thankful.


Dominic one of the most creative guys I know. He's an idea man. Dom is a record exec/band manager/all around creative red-headed Italian. Going back to the days in high school he always had my back and always given me an honest opinion on my art. That's someone every creative person should have.


Monica (AKA Gangsta Mittens) is my homegirl! DC native with a Bay Area mentality. Over the years she has always shown support for some of my more off-the-wall ideas. She always tells me that I seem to notice all of the little things on the streets that others just walk by. She's one of the reasons I enjoy taking flicks of stickers and graffiti in random places.


BJ is my homeboy! Not only is he married to my homegirl above, but he's also a talented producer and all around great guy! He has been one of the main people encouraging me to work on this project I'm developing. He is always a willing and entertaining subject when I'm taking photos. He is also a great photographer in his own right.


Mariam is my super awesome friend! She is obsessed with International Relations and food (cooking, photographing and writing about it). Mariam almost always tries to duck out of any photos I take of her, but regardless of that, she has always shown support for my creative ideas, which I'm always thankful for.


Victor owns what is soon to be the best cheesecake company in the Bay Area, but more importantly he's also my friend. Much like BJ, Victor also takes photos from time to time and has always encouraged my photography.


Jocelyn is another one of my super awesome friends! She is an awesome Interior Designer (technically soon-to-be) and all around great friend. She is one of the first people to spark the idea for this current project I'm developing, and always shown support for my random photography.

Jon is an amazing drummer, father of two, husband, and friend! We used to work together, and would try to incorporate some of photos into various projects he was working on, which I always appreciated! Thanks, Jonny!

1 comment: